7.20.2008

At least I had my dignity

I admit. I haven't always handled this whole mother thing with grace. Little sleep, two very active babies, a demanding schedule. Admittedly, Todd probably was on the receiving end of more than a few snappy comments. But, at least I have my dignity. Or, should I say, had my dignity.

So one of H's favorite things lately is belly buttons. Heaven knows why but he takes great pleasure in lifting someone's shirt and sticking his finger in their belly button. E's, Todd's, Gma's, mine.

And so it was Saturday morning as we were relaxing on the floor. I was on my back and H crawled over, moved my shirt and started playing with my belly button. Then, he slapped his hand down on my belly and, well I'll be honest here, saw it jiggle. And then he started to giggle. Hysterically. So he hit my belly again and it jiggled, he giggled. Slap. Jiggle. Giggle. Slap. Jiggle. Giggle. And so it went.

I didn't know whether to laugh along, or cry. At least now I can say that those extra cookies I nibbled were ultimately serving a greater purpose -- endless hours of entertainment for H.

No comments: